What is window reglazing? In short, reglazing is a window pane replacement, that will help to save your money spent on energy in the process.
Window reglazing reasoning
- If there are cracks in the glazing, crumbling or dry sections of putty or putty separating from the glass pane and the frame, it’s right time for window reglazing.
- If you live in a old house and the windows are kept in good condition, getting completely new windows may not be the best choice. In fact, it would be expensive and unnecessary. If the rest of the window has withered and is in good condition, then there are no draughts, no leaks, and the tape is strong and moves well – reglazing is the way to go.
- Another reason for reglazing over a complete window replacement is to preserve the original window. It’s vital when you are searching for a way of saving your house's historical significance and craftsmanship.
- Reglazing is a great idea to consider, especially if you are to have minimal impact on the environment.
How we perform window reglazing:
- Cut the glass
- Install glazing points
- Knead the putty
- Push the putty into the groove
- Use a putty knife to bevel the glazing between the glass and the wooden sash
So don’t worry and let out professional glaziers inexpensively and effectively complete reglazing for you.